In today’s crazy world, everything is a rush and even giving birth has been added to the list of instant gratification. Now, according to several studies, around 50% of pregnant women attempt to get labour going themselves, compared to those allowing their body to decide when it is ready to go through the labour process of birthing the baby.
- to avoid medical intervention – induction or c-section
- they are exhausted and emotionally done with pregnancy
- their estimated due date has come and gone
For some mums to be, all these reasons apply and also that they want to meet their baby or continue with life! It’s important to remember that only 2-5% of babies are born on their “guess” date, and around 40% are born in the 2 weeks thereafter.
Full term is up to 42 weeks of pregnancy – no medical intervention required – as long as neither baby nor mother are showing any signs of health issues.
Professional inducement massage is only performed once gestation reaches 38 weeks and mum and baby are healthy. It’s not advised to try most other natural methods until you’ve at least reached your due date.
Another very important thing to remember is you’re not designed to be pregnant forever. Have faith that your body and your baby will be able to do what they are meant to do as a team when the right conditions exist.
The womb is the best hotel in the world and is designed to fulfil every need of your baby, and so each day your baby spends in your womb is valuable. Your baby’s brain and lung function development is so important and if baby is safe, happy, healthy and comfortable inside of you, give this precious time to allow them to grow properly to be the amazing child you are hoping for.
Womb nurturing time will pay off, both physically and emotionally. This is why it is important to get professionally massaged by a pregnancy specialist and rest as much as possible in your last trimester, as it truly benefits you and baby!
The Benefits of Inducement Massage
- Induction massage helps to relax and calm your body, easing tension and helping to create a clear and grounded space, preparing baby and you for the birth process.
- Induction massage can help elevate your natural levels of Oxytocin
Decreases your stress hormones.
- Encouraging the descent of the baby into position, dilation of the cervix and facilitation of uterine contractions.
- The massage will also help to release tension in your sacrum and pelvic area, therefore creating more space for your baby to move down into your pelvis.
- We have a fantastic success rate with our induction massages, with most clients going into labour within 18-48 hours, of our finally treatment, often avoiding medical intervention.
Please keep in mind that at the end of the day if your body or your baby are not ready then it doesn’t matter what you do, you cannot force something to happen.
My inducement massage is a 4-part treatment, for mums having a Natural birth
Part 1: Specialised pregnancy intro massage and stage 1 triggers
Part 2: (only performed after Part 1) specific trigger manipulations combined with the use of aromatherapy oils
Part 3: (only performed after Part 1 & 2) specific trigger manipulations combined with the use of aromatherapy oil and Reflexology
Part 4: (only performed after Part 2 & 3) specific trigger manipulations combined with the use of aromatherapy oil and Reflexology
Total cost: R2100
If you happen to go into labour and give birth before the end of your sessions you treatments will be converted into Postpartum treatments
My inducement massage is a 2-part treatment, for mums planning a pre-booked caesarian birth
Part 1: Specialised pregnancy intro massage and stage 1 triggers to prepare the body and babe for the ceasarian birth
Part 2: (only performed after Part 1) specific trigger manipulation with the use of aromatherapy oils and reflexology.
This treatments is most important to stimulate the neurological relays for breastfeeding and also to prepare the body for the birth
Total cost: R1100
Please note, all first appointments are minimum of R500-R1000.00
Included in this 1st hour, is time allocated for the completion of medical history form and
signature granting permission, for treatments to be performed, which is required by Law.
The correct form for each treatment is available at the bottom of each service info page.
The correct Massage therapy during labour is highly beneficial, especially if it is administered within the first 15 minutes of every hour of labour. The labouring women’s anxiety is decreased, as well as her pain and her need for pain medication. In addition, the massaged mothers had shorter labour, shorter hospital stay and less depression /mood swings.
Field, T., Hernandez-Reif, M., Taylor, S., & Quintino, 0., & Burman, I. (1997). Labour pain is reduced by massage therapy. Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 18, 286-291.
The above is just another reason to employ a massage specialist to massage you in labour or to hire a doula who is trained in massage and other related skills.
Benefits of Labour Massage
- Reduces the labouring mother’s perception of pain, thus acting as a natural pain-reliever
- Alleviates tension and anxiety
- Aid in the production of endorphins or "feel-good hormones"
- Stimulates contractions
- Improves the flexibility of muscles
- Facilitates blood flow, circulation and fluid drainage
- Promotes less muscle tension
- Decreases stress levels and fatigue – helping to revitalize the mind and body
Labouring mother feels a greater sense of emotional support